May 31, 2012

Watch out Portland

(Not my bike. Just a flashy one I saw on a walk one day.)

Watch out Portland... I've ventured onto the roads as a biker. Literally, watch out. Whew! I had my first Portland bike ride this week (6.5 miles! Checked off another item from my summer to-do list) and it started off in a rather exciting way. 

My ride included being forced to stop by an old man pedestrian (as he walked right in front of my bike) and being the recipient of lots of angry yelling.

 "What on earth makes you believe that you can ride your bike on this side of the path??" 

I respond, "I'm just following that other biker; sorry I didn't know." 

He continues to yell... right in my face....

Thanks dude, I got it.... Sorry... 

There are serious rules to this whole biking thing. I need a manual or seminar or something. For reals!


4 comments:

  1. You know, I think that I am more comfortable with you riding a unicycle in Portland than with you on a bike. Hmmm.... Lovely bike though. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Forgot to add in the original post that this isn't my bike. It's cool though! I think I'd fit in more on my unicycle than my bike in Portland. Hmmm...

      Delete
  2. oh gosh! so sorry you got yelled at. never fun!!
    but biking can be fun without it :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!