May 12, 2012

Moms & Banana Barf

{via}

When I think about the mothers I have in my life, I think of the tasty dessert our family affectionately calls "banana barf." Ok, it doesn't sound as appetizing as it truly is. It's amazing. And that is what the mother-figures in my life are: incredibly amazing. Here's the recipe- try it out! 
Love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day! 

(my sister put this site together of all of my Mamaw's and Mamaw Keith's (great grandma) favorite recipes. It's still in progress and needs photos of the food; but it's a fabulous place for tasty southern, delicious recipes).
___________________________________________________________________

Mamaw's Banana Dessert (aka Banana Barf)

{via}

1st Layer
1 c. flour
1 stick margarine
2 T sugar
1/2 c. walnuts
Mix well and press in bottom of 9×13 dish or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool.
2nd Layer
1 c. Cool Whip
1-8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
Mix together and pour over 1st layer.
3rd Layer
Slice 3 large bananas and layer over 2nd layer.
4th Layer
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
3 c. milk
Pour over bananas and let stand in refrigerator until set.
5th Layer
Spread 2 c. Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

 I am also blessed to have an amazing mom-in-law. I love you Vernita, and am inspired by your incredible kindness, support, love, compassion, and sweetness.

I simply couldn't ask for more amazing moms.
left: Wearing Grandma's wedding dress as a "going away dress". Special memories.

 Growing up, I thought all kids were this close to their grandmas- then I found out it just wasn't true. I'm thankful that these women are my friends, confidants, supporters, and so much more than grandma's. I love you guys and am so glad to be your granddaughter!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gracie. I think I'll go make some Banana Barf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures, lovely momma you have! And you have me so intrigued, gotta check out this banana dish!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!