November 29, 2011

Nights

Night Shift

Yes, I'm back to working nights...
It's gone well so far and I definitely appreciate the pace of nights compared to day shift. I'm still trying to figure out my sleeping & eating pattern and probably will be for quite a while. For example, I'm up at 1:30 AM  on my day off right now and am not tired at all. Working nights means less time with my man (even if it means being asleep at the same time), less options for seeing friends/family, and a whacked out schedule. However, as a new nurse, it's a wonderful opportunity to learn in a slower paced environment, and there's a nice monetary differential (which is always a bonus). Most Nurses do their time on nights and I'm sure I'll adjust. Most of all, I'm just thankful for a great job and I need to keep reminding myself of that.

I think it's time to take some Melatonin or 1/2 a Benadryl to fall asleep.
These are also more mild tricks of the trade...
Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!