November 30, 2011

Dijon Mustard Mushroom Chicken= Fav Find!

In an attempt to cook new things, I discovered the fabulous ingredient of dijon mustard! I never would have chosen this condiment to spice up my cooking, but I'm sure glad I gave it a try. It's delicious!

This is a new favorite and it's so simple!

Dijon Mustard Mushroom Chicken

Ingredients:

*Chicken*
  • Boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Minced garlic
  • Poultry seasoning (Cumin)
*Sauce
(measurements are an estimate... as always with me... sorry!)
  • 1/3 cup light Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbs light Sour Cream
  • 1 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
  • 2-3 Tbs Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tsp Dry Mustard
  • pinch of Dried Ginger
  • Mushrooms
 1. Cut superficial sliced in skinless, boneless chicken breasts.  Rub chicken with poultry seasonings (I used cumin). Place in skillet with some olive oil and a dash of minced garlic. Cook on one site for about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown and turn to the other side for about 3 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook in the sauce).

2. While chicken is cooking, whisk the sauce using all sauce ingredients (except mushrooms). Add sauce to the skillet.

3. Slice mushrooms and add to skillet

 

4. Turn down the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.

While I waited for the chicken to cook, I roasted some green beans with olive oil and garlic and cooked up some rice!


Tada!!

The chicken is juicy, delicious and so easy! I wish I cooked more to go around for left overs...

I will now be using Dijon & dry mustard much more frequently! Give it a try!



 Andrew caught me cleaning up in my "Jenna" apron!

Happy cooking to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!