October 14, 2011

I Sew: Grey Blouse


                  Finished Product  (Left)           
Un-hemmed product (right) (though I like this look better, the edges were fraying)

This grey blouse was a last minute project that really just took a few minutes (maybe 45 minutes or so). This is my first sewn top and it was so easy! Far easier than skirts at this point. I can't wait to make more tops in better fabric choices. This was just my dry, test run. But, I'd consider it a success!

All I did was fold the fabric in two, cut a neck hole in the top and cut the rest of the top into a shirt shape. I sewed the sides and hemmed up the edges and Tad-ah, I had me a blouse!



 Soon after I completed the top, we got a call from our friend Adam to meet up downtown for dinner. We enjoyed dinner with Adam and spontaneously met up with my brother and sister in law! Great fun for a Thursday night.
"Mad Dog" faces
 Awkward . . .


Sometimes we make the same face. . . Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!