October 4, 2011

Favorite Finds: Color Palette

I am nearly obsessed with this color palette (egg photo above). . .  I just can't get 
enough of it! I've always been a fan of the blues & greens to teal, but I love how they all work together! Yesterday (day 4 out of 5 off- pro to working 12 hr shifts= more days off), my mom and I met up for some shopping and girl time together. I took some photos along the way of items I loved in this same color palette. (Mostly taken at Anthropologie).






 
Rainy Monday mornings are the best time to shop or be in any public place! We had the shopping center nearly all to ourselves!  
New finds mixed in with our dishes.  Love it!

Thanks mom for a great day! 
Egg drop soup and honey chicken for lunch. I'd like to learn how to make egg-drop soup! So good! 

6 comments:

  1. Likewise! Treat for me! Thanks Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best taste, Jenna! This is my favorite color palette as well (but with a bright red as an accent). I recently bought a small bowl from Anthropologie in the robin's egg blue color, and I just love it.

    Your blog is so fun! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egg drop soup is tricky to get right...this is what I normally do. I've seen some recipes in the past that omit the sesame oil, but I think it makes all the difference.

    weird precooking step: find something to set a fork on so that it can be suspended over the pot, or do this when Andrew is home so you can put him to work and he can try to take credit for it.

    1) In a saucepan combine 2 cups of chicken broth (bullion is fine), 1/2 a teaspoon of sesame oil, and 1/2 a teaspoon of shoyu.

    2) Bring to a boil. While doing so beat two eggs together. I do this in a pyrex measuring cup to make it easier to add to the soup.

    3. After it comes to a boil stir in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Briskly or else it will get clumpy and not disolve. (Cornstarch is another thing many people leave out but I think that it helps keep the eggs in the right structure)

    4. Once the cornstarch is dissolved, make sure your egg is not seperating (if it is give it a hit with the fork) and then turn off the heat, leaving the pan on the element.

    5. Here's where that floating fork thing comes in. Have the fork about 8-10 inches over the soup, not the pot. Stir the soup rapidly as you very slowly add the egg, pouring it through the fork tines (hence pyrex cup).

    6. Once the egg is added it should pretty much set up instantaneously. Then I just add salt and pepper to taste, and if I have them throw in some green onion.

    7. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gretchen, thanks!! That is perfect! I'll try this soon for sure and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the step by step instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous you got to spend the day with Madre!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. By the way, great photo of the two of you.

    I've made egg drop soup before. It's not too hard. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordy, I'm thinking we need a Boston play date soon?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!