February 17, 2012

Brunch of Champions & Food all Women Should Daily Eat

If this isn't a brunch of champions, I don't know what is!

When working the night shift, my eating routine gets waaayyy out of whack. Switching back and forth to normal schedule makes it even worse. All in all, I was more than excited to dig into this huge and delicious meal to start off my stretch of working nights. I feel like I haven't worked in a week... oh wait, I haven't! Bonus to being a nurse who works 12 hr shifts and can organize them in unique ways= more time off (without using vacation days!).

Inspired by "8 foods women should eat every day" (seen below and found on fitsugar.com), I made this yummy meal. 


  • Toasted onion bagel with cheese, lightly spread non-fat cream cheese, tomato-roasted turkey, & veggie filled scrambled eggs (orange & green peppers, tomatoes), +add spinach (didn't have any)
  • Half non-fat plain greek yogurt & half honey greek yogurt with blueberries and shopped almonds
 
Yes it's large, and the bagel part sure isn't the healthiest. However, it was just what I needed before trying to go to sleep in order to be awake all night for work. This is the kind of meal I need my hubby to be around for. I think he would love it.






8 Foods Women Should Eat Every Day



  • Blueberries
  • Oats
  • Walnuts
  • Black beans
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Yogurt
  • Spinach


PS- Happy Birthday to my sweet sister Jo! Here's a "foody" post for you! 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, this is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post (and the shout out at the bottom)!. Pics are gorgeous and it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!