January 4, 2012

Daddy Daughter Date



My dad and I headed to Cannon Beach (from Seaside) last weekend for a quick daddy/daughter date. Two the things we have in common: we like photography & art. So, we did a little photo shoot of Dad's recent ceramic creation that I previously blogged about here.
We planned on doing a quick water color painting while on the beach, but it was too cold! So, Dad had the great idea of scooping up some sea water with the tea pot and heading back to the hotel to paint using the salt water! Below are our painting creations. Let's just say, I haven't water colored since elementary school, but it's the perfect quick art project. I need more practice for sure!


 *** Painting Adventure***
 ***


The large one is mine, the small one is Dad's... I'm so thankful for a Father that loves us kids equally yet individually and knows us each so well. Thanks for a fun little date Dad!

Read/see more about Beyond Jordan Studio (this tea pot & more) here! 




2 comments:

  1. The pictures of the ceramics are amazing! (And so are the ceramics--your dad made those?!) Sounds like you and your dad had a wonderful time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this post! Especially the picture of you and Padre, and your comment that he knows each of us so well as individuals. So true!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!