September 12, 2011

The Lord is my Shepard


What do these photos I took have to do with the following post? Very little... But, I think they are calming.
 What comforts you? As I was trying to fall asleep last night, my mind wandered back to my young days as a first grader who had just moved 3,000 miles away from home (to the Philippines). A new world I entered into with new frights and challenges. My loving mother taught me this famous passage and I had it memorized as a 6 year old. I use to lay in bed each night in those early days reciting this passage over and over again in my head and aloud. What peace and comfort it brought me! Though I do not have those same fears, this passage brought me peace and comfort this week. God brought this into my mind and I did my best to recite it aloud to my husband (whose mind was scattered in preparation for his first exam in the morning). Though I did not recite it perfectly, a smile was brought to my face as I realized that God knows just how to comfort his sons and daughters.


1 The LORD is my shepherd;
         I shall not want.
 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
         He leads me beside the still waters.
 3 He restores my soul;
         He leads me in the paths of righteousness
         For His name’s sake.
    
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
         I will fear no evil;
         For You are with me;
         Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
    
 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
         You anoint my head with oil;
         My cup runs over.
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
         All the days of my life;
         And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
         Forever.


        Psalm 23

This is a passage to memorize and carry with you in your heart and mind every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!