September 3, 2011

Dahlia Days

What a great start to Labor Day weekend! 
It all started with a birthday dinner with my family on Friday night. My Grandma stayed in Portland with us and we had lots of fun adventures today to include: riding the street car to PSU's Farmer's Market, riding the aerial tram up to OHSU and back with Andrew, and going to Canby's Dahlia Festival! The weather was perfect!
My sweet mom made Cake Pops for birthday dessert. Though a hassle to carry, they were delicious!
Instead of going out, we ate in on the roof patio! They surprised me with my favorite- La Hacienda Real Mexican food: chicken fajitas and cheese enchiladas. So thoughtful and absolutely yummy!

I got a sewing machine!!! Now I can fully jump into my domestic-wife-self and sew things! I've been wanting one for a few years now and am thrilled! My first big project to start: Baby quilt blankets. Working on an OB floor, I see many homemade blankets and have been wanting to make some myself! Now I just need friends to have babies so I can give them one!  *hint hint* you know who you are...
My grandma taught me to sew when I was a little kid. So excited she could be here with me to get it all set up!







The Farmers Market was so much fun! I look forward to going again. I ended up purchasing heirloom baby tomatoes, an egg plant, & blackberries. 












This is where Andrew attends Med school: Oregon Health & Science University. I think it is beautiful. He rides this air tram each day to get there. So convenient and sustainable!  
 Now off to the Dahlia Festival! Swan Island Dahlias is the largest Dahlia producer in the US!















 Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous day. Thankful for time with my Grandma and family.

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!