April 8, 2014

25 Weeks | Baby Reyna

Yahoo for 25 weeks! Our little darling is the size of a cauliflower head this week at approximately 1.5 lbs and 13.5 inches. Still lots of growing to do! 

The past week has kind of been a drag. I had no idea how much a simple virus/cold can wipe out a pregnant lady. Whew! I am thankful to report that prior to this, I cannot remember the last time I was sick. So, I guess my time had to come eventually. I'm finally starting to feel better and by tomorrow hope to be good as new. I'm sure getting tired of missing work and steering clear of friends. I'm also getting tired of mouth breathing. Gross. I sound like an old man... 

Now that you are thoroughly grossed out, I am thrilled to report that while cooped up inside, I slowly finished assembling baby girl's dresser. I'm planning to take a break from Ikea furniture for a while to recoup. I also took advantage of a random bout of energy (and lack of smell) to paint an accent wall in baby girl's nursery. In fact, there was much painting going on in the Reyna household this week. Our kitchen cabinets received a fresh coat of paint (by professionals). It sure livens up our little abode. I'm definitely getting into the nesting phase and wish I had more energy to do everything on my mind.

Andrew started his surgery rotation and has been working very long hours but comes home and always makes it a priority to check in on "his girls." What a lucky little girl our baby is to have Andrew as her dad. He already is such a great one. My heart melts when he sings to her. Andrew has a brain full of sweet songs that his own Dad sang to him growing up. Such sweet memories he shares of those moments between him and his Dad. The best part is how much baby girl moves when Andrew talks and sings to her. I'm not even kidding. She will not move much for me all day and then when her Daddy comes around, it's a dance party in there. I think she already has a favorite parent... 

Though it has been somewhat of an off week, my heart remains thankful. So. incredibly. thankful. 15 ~ish weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Mouth breathing... my fave ;). Glad you're starting to feel better! I can't believe how much your belly has popped these past few weeks! Your precious girl is certainly making her presence known :). And i love love that Andrew sings to the baby. She sure is one lucky little lady to have such a doting daddy :).

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!