March 18, 2014

22 Weeks | Baby Reyna

 Week 22! Our little love is the size of a spaghetti squash, one pound in weight, and eleven inches long! Growing, growing, growing. 

This week we focused on turning the once guestroom/office/craft-room/catch-all space into a functioning and comfortable guest suite. I'll have to share our progress in a later post. This was a priority of mine since we have many family members from out of town and mostly because we want my sweet mother (who has graciously offered to watch the babe when I return to work) to have a nice space of her own in our home. After the guestroom furniture purchases, no nursery progress was made this week; Andrew put me on a well-deserved "spending freeze." I suppose someone has to be the rational one in this house.

Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep at night because this is when baby girl is most active and I don't like missing her sweet acrobatic routines. Her movements make me smile and I treasure each one. I especially love how excited Andrew gets when he feels the strong kicks and punches. He's quite impressed that such a little babe can be so strong and so alive inside. He brought up how amazing and at the same time odd it is that she is so alive inside, yet wouldn't survive outside at this point. This little one has given us the opportunity to have many deep talks about the miracle and gift of life. 

That's all for now. We love you sweet baby girl!

_______

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! 
 Psalm 127:3-4

1 comment:

  1. The sweet kicks are definitely my FAVORITE part of being pregnant so far :) Love that you're feeling them too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!