February 25, 2014

19 Weeks | Baby Reyna


 This past week was so very special in many ways. First of all, my dear friends, McKenzie and Catherine, both had their baby boys. It's such a joy to see them both holding their little loves and to think that in 20 or so weeks, I'll be doing the same. Congratulations my friends, I sure love your baby boys and hold them close to my heart. 

Most of all, this week was special because we found out that our darling baby is a little girl! After the ultrasound tech said, "It's a girl," I tuned all else out and was overcome by tears. Happy, joyous tears. Streams of tears that didn't seem to stop for a while. After seeing our Gabriel without a beating heart on that black and white screen, I seem to have a level of anxiety about ultrasounds. To say that I was anxious about this one is an understatement. Thankfully, the tech had already thoroughly checked the heart and brain prior to seeing the gender and all looked perfect. I was able to relax a bit more after seeing that our little one looked healthy and well. The rest of my life as a mother to a daughter flashed before my eyes. From sweet baby girl bows to teenage years, it all became so very real. 
It became overwhelmingly real and I simply can't wait to meet her. 

I began thinking of everything that comes with parenting a daughter- how I want her to feel loved and adored by her father like my father makes me feel. How I hope to be that listening ear anytime, anywhere for her the way my mom is for me. How I want her to be strong and brave like my Grandma and Aunt. Oh, how I hope she has a loving, selfless heart like my Mamaw. 

Andrew and I both thought she was a girl from the beginning. I just "knew" it and would have been quite surprised, but equally as excited, for a boy. Andrew's first words after hearing "girl," were, "scrunchies and bows!" Followed by, "Jenna, I need to put you on a budget asap, girls are expensive." We are both delighted and it melts my heart to hear Andrew call her his 'baby girl.'

Baby girl is the size of an heirloom tomato, weighs 9 ounces, and is about 6 inches long from head to bottom. She's kicking up a storm and Andrew has been able to feel her starting the night of our ultrasound. It's his favorite part of the day and that makes my heart oh so happy. 

Sweet baby girl, you are dearly loved. Each day with you is cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!