February 4, 2014

16 Weeks | Baby Reyna


16 weeks; hooray! The little biscuit is finally starting to make a wee bit of room for him/herself. This week, I gave in and bought a full body hugging "pregnancy pillow." I don't think I'll ever give that thing up- pregnant or not. I sleep so much better with the extra support and it hugs me in all the right places. I'm a fan. At this week's appointment, we are looking forward to scheduling our upcoming mid-pregnancy ultrasound and finding out whether this little one is a boy or girl. Any guesses!? We'll hopefully know sometime this month.

With each week, I grow more and more in love with our darling baby. With my recent work schedule changes (day shift & a few less hours), healthier diet, and being past most of the sickness that the first trimester brought, I'm feeling healthier than I have in a very long time. I can't help but think that all things happen for a reason in God's perfect timing. We continue to trust the Lord in his timing and this gift of life to our family. I still have to grab a hold of my wandering mind and fears each day, redirecting them with prayer. Earnest prayer. What peace God's word brings me.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

Our little one is about 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces-- the size of an avocado! Per my pregnancy apps, I'm to expect a major growth spurt these next few weeks. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say boy! But I must warn you...I am always wrong! Like...always always:P

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!