January 9, 2013

Outside to Inside

 Remember this little table friend of ours from Ikea? It spruced up our patio over the late spring and summer months and provided for some sweet sunset dinners with my man. Having a few extra folks over for a dinner party last month prompted me to find extra seating space, and voila!

I'm kind of in love with this little breakfast bistro space.. though I'll be honest. I've sat here once. 

Until the sun decides to shine again, it will likely stay and be home to the candle that provides the 'scent of the day.' I sure do love candles; but then again, who doesn't. In other news, Christmas is finally neatly packed away until next year. I'm looking forward to the mister coming home to a clean apartment and timing how long it takes him to realize that the Christmas decor has vanished.

 My next apartment project will be finding a headboard (I know, I know... we still don't have one) and working on our bedroom... it's a complete disaster. I contemplated DIYing a headboard, but without the space and tools to do it, I decided against it. Props to all of you wood/nail/hammer handy folks. Maybe someday I'll have the space/time/tools to be like you!



4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the candle centerpiece too. Be sure to take good before pics of the bedroom ... In all it's messy glory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh how cute! Ok, story time: The year before Timothy and I got married he lived in Southern California, and we bought him a cute patio set like this one. Then we moved together to the upper midwest to our first place. We set up the patio furniture inside in the hopes of one day having a place where we could have our patio furniture outside in the sunshine - and even though we live in a new apartment with a patio in the upper midwest, at least we have a a place outside to use our patio chairs in the sunny warm summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun,and even better with some sunshine. OR, at the very least, weather warm enough that your fingers don't fall off! And, FIY, after 5 1/2 years of marriage, we still do not have a headboard for our bed:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! such a good idea to bring it indoors. and can I just tell you how much I love the contrasting striped cushions and rug!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!