October 30, 2012

Awesome & Awkward


 Awesome
  • It's finally boot & scarf weather and I love it
  • Watching the entire 1st season of Homeland in a week with the hubs... so good
  • The oreos that I bought for Andrew, but secretively bought for myself... I've eaten far more than he has. Shhhh....
  • Weekly play dates with our baby cousin Isaac. If you follow me on instagram or facebook, you know how ridiculously adorable he is
  • Our Sunday morning marriage class at church- really challenges us to discuss and pray about applicable and important things
  • The insane amount of pie we've had in our fridge over the past 2 weeks. Whew! 
Awkward
  • Rolling my ankle at the crosswalk while leaving from work. Don't worry, there were only a few people behind me and just 1 car at the crosswalk. Smoooooth
  • Trying to console a fussy, tired, yet oh so sweet 5 month old in a strategically chosen aisle at the grocery story (the baby/diaper aisle- hoping for sympathetic moms who understood). Poor baby fell asleep shortly after and slept the whole way home. No sympathetic moms- just an abandoned aisle
  •  The fact that I'm wearing all black with a brown purse in the pic above... hence the black and white photo to cover it up
  • Trying to speak Spanish with my patient and calling blood "sangria" instead of "sangre"... She probably would have preferred some sangria after delivering a baby and was super confused why I was asking about it. Oh boy, I have a lot to learn
  • Being the youngest in that Sunday morning marriage class by at least 10 years... Most are probably in their 50's. Never too early to make our marriage a priority and learn ways to keep it that way


3 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Stephanie Hernandez, co-founder of Sponsor USA. We have tried to reach you several times via email but yet have heard an response from you. I and my other associates fancy your blog and think you would be a great fit for one of our sponsorships. Compensations ranges anywhere from $20 - $100 + commission + sample products for you to keep. If you are interested simply fill out the form 'here' and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Please remember to include your email as well as your blog URL. Thank you and we look forward to your response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I have never thought to hide out in the diaper isle with a cranky baby/kid, but I must say, that is brilliant! That's awesome you guys are attending that marriage class, what an amazing foundation you are building for the rest of your lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so don't like rolling my ankle, it's theoddest, most painful annoying thing ever!

    I love having boot weather too, i'm having so much fun wearing my two fave pairs:)

    I've GOT to watch Homeland, I've heard amazing things about it xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!