September 18, 2014

grace

There are so many words I want to say. And, at the same time, none at all. 
I'm in awe that this life grew inside of me for so long. That those kicks and punches were hers. 
There's something overwhelmingly beautiful about holding our baby in my arms while worshiping at church. Tears usually flow... and flow.. 

I carried lots of anxiety throughout my pregnancy and worried that it wouldn't disappear once she arrived. Now, my heart and soul are simply content. I carry far less anxiety now that she is here and I think much of that is by God's grace. I knew during pregnancy that worrying over her health was not beneficial, nor did it come from the Lord. I tried and tried to surrender my worries, and trust Him.  I certainly did not do a good job. God gave grace. Time and time again.  

 
I look back and see how much protection we had. I see how many prayed for us. I'm so very thankful. In the midst of my worries, our beautiful girl was growing and developing. She arrived in lovely form, made in the image of God. She is a daughter of the King. She is our gracious gift. She is such a joy. 
I have a renewed trust in the Lord. Not because He needed to "prove" himself, but because I can now see more of the picture and journey. God is good. God provides and protects. 

Sweet Bonnie, "He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91:4

1 comment:

Leave me some love!