December 26, 2012

Getaway



 If I were being honest, I'd tell you that it's been a rough month... or two. While I love to blog about happy times and projects, I also think that it is important to be real and share that things aren't always happy-go-lucky. In the midst of darkness or down times, I am comforted by He who is always with me. I'm encouraged by God's living word. Though I have the most supportive, loving husband, family and friends, nothing and no one can compare to my heavenly father's abiding love. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.  But, the good part is that things are on the upswing! Even better news is that as of this coming morning, I'm officially on vacation for 2 whole weeks!!!!! I could not be more excited about this. In fact, I'm ecstatic. In a sense, my "christmas break" is just now starting...  and somewhere tropic is calling my name! I'm also very excited to see my entire extended family and to have Andrew spend lots of time with them for the first time.

I'd say that the true start of this break was the quick 24 hour getaway we took last week. We both know how important it is for us to get away from the daily routines of our lives and do something enjoyable together. We don't have many "hobbies" that we enjoy together like some couples do (wouldn't that be great if Andrew liked crafting with me! Imagine the possibilities!!) but we both enjoy getting away together. 

We returned to the Resort at the Mountain near Mount Hood for a package deal mini vacay to include a night's stay, 2 fancy dinners, 2 breakfasts, and a couple's massage. Throw some hot tub time in the beautiful snow in there too! It was perfect and oh so needed. Here is last year's trip to the same place.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas! I encourage you to plan a little "getaway" with your lover. Do something special, something new. Go away together on an adventure. Big or small, grand or simple, do something and invest in making some sweet memories.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!
    So sorry you've been having a rough time! I hope you are able to be blessed by some rest and relief over the coming weeks! Hugs to ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are positively wonderful! Even with the snow, they're full of warmth and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I've always wanted to do a couple's massage! How fun!! And these pictures are just too perfect, gotta love the snow and little getaways ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!